Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Vogue 1109 Striped Tee

It's done. Vogue 1109 - another Sandra Betzina design. She calls it a puzzle t-shirt - and has a beautiful version on her website (scroll down to view it).

Using stripes, as shown on the pattern envelope, certainly showcases the unique seaming on the top.
The sleeves are pleated near the elbow and the sleeve is two pieces. The top of the sleeve is the continuation of the neck band.

Now I know you're going to leave comments asking me to model it. The knit is so soft that it shows every bump and bulge and since this is tunic length I need something with a flat front, not the jeans I had envisioned. So, sorry dear readers, I won't be modeling it yet. It's a cool top with all the crazy seams and stripes but until I find something to wear it with, it's destined to languish in the back of my closet. Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Great top! How was doing all that seaming and pleating with a knit? Were there any stretching issues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute top, thanks for linking Sandra's website, it was great to see all her creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't call that a tee! It's so detailed! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:33 PM

    A very interesting design. How much fabric did this take?
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's very interesting. And you just need to make a pair of slim fitting jeans with a waist facing and either a back or side zip - no pockets, just flat at the waist. It's all good :) g

    ReplyDelete
  6. And since I'm behind, I can instantaneously see the finished product. Looks really great--looking forward to the modeled photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon, that top is too good not to wear, girl! I too have the lumps and bumps issue so I either make the longest facing in the world (to at the first roll) or make a cami that allows the fabric to hang freely (with catching on every crevice). If I can find striped fabric I'm going to give this one a try. Did you have to modify it in any way?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin