Saturday, May 02, 2009

The navy-blue-pink-polka-dot-shoe dress

Okay! Okay! Here's a photo of the dress I sewed so I would have something to wear with my navy blue pink polka dot shoes.

In the future I'll know better than to think I can get away with no photos of the actual garment *LOL*.

You decide for yourself, but after seeing the photos I agree with my husband's opinion. As you may recall, he pointed out that without a belt the dress is shapeless. (Extremely comfy, I might add, but shapeless.) Unless I plan on constantly posing in a contorted model stance whenever I wear the dress, I'll be adding a belt.


And in an effort to find other items of clothing to coordinate with the shoes, I purchased a navy blue/pink stripe knit from Gorgeous Fabrics. It arrived yesterday (thankfully all in one piece as the bottom of the box had been slit open. Guess someone wasn't interested in fabric - whew!). Stay tuned as this latest purchase is destined to become some type of knit top. Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Oh yes, wear it with a belt for sure! it looks great and is awesome with the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress looks amazing on you. The belt makes a huge difference.

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great and your dh was right, the belt makes it look even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress! I just got some navy bamboo, so your pattern is looking fantastic! Glad your new fabric arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! The belt does make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting the picture! And I have to agree with the DH, dress looks fabu with the belt! I AM SO loving those shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous dress. You are so svelte--belt that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, the belt makes the outfit great! Good look with the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most straight dresses just don't look right on some. But add a belt and instantly you have the perfect dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks fabulous with a belt and those shoes are great. g

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I'm so glad you shared this--what a classic little number and with the belt, you have two dresses. I love your shoes and the dress is just the perfect thing to show you and those shoes off to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute dress, it does need the belt. Back in the, um, 90's, um, I had a navy/white gingham-ish suit with blue and white dotted trim. THAT would have been stylin'. Well it WAS the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful dress! I'm so glad dresses are back 'in'. The shoes are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin