Friday, April 10, 2009

Flashback Friday - Easter 1976


Easter

April 18, 1976.

My darling first born, at 3-1/2 months, had only been released from the hospital days before. If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you know that she was born premature and wasn't expected to live. However, she proved them doctors wrong.

I didn't sew her dress (K-Mart purchase most likely), nor did I knit her booties (a hand-knit gift from the nurses at Children's Hospital) however, I am indeed wearing a top that I had sewn.

But the real reason I posted this Easter photo? That fabulous oh-so-craftylicious paper flower Easter bonnet. This one's for you D! Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sharon you look so young in that photo! So glad your daughter proved everyone wrong. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miracle at Easter Time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you were just a kid yourself! So good you and Rita made it. It must have been challenging, especially for a young mother. You're right, it may have been a blessing you did not understand all the issues at that time. I mean, it gave you more confidence to go ahead, as in "what you don't know can't hurt you".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, memories. That's what I call a "happy hat"!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin