Thursday, March 26, 2009

My favorite spring event returns

My fave spring event is back - RetroRama!

My girlfriends and I already have our calendars marks and are busy telling all our friends and planning what to wear. You do know that half the fun is deciding on the vintage look to wear.

This year the event - RetroRama: Fashion Comes Full Circle - shifts its focus away from strictly 50s fashions and trends.

The first time we attended, the focus was on fashion - RetroRama: A Celebration of 50s Style. We missed the second event but arrived early for number three - RetroRama: A Celebration of '50s Suburbia.

We knew to get seats for the fashion show early and that if we wore vintage-inspired or vintage attire we could walk the runway once the designer portion was of the show was completed.

This year the runway show will once again feature Twin Cities designers, but they'll be allowed to move beyond the the 50s decade. Their inspiration this year will come from the 1920s through the 1960s.

You know, I think for future RetroRama fashion shows they should ask some of us non-designer RetroRama groupies to design something for the runway show.

I'd do it. Would you? Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Lucky you! This event sound awesome! It would be fun if the coordinators would offer a contest to non-professionals to design a retro garment. Or, even a contest to make a garment using a retro pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would sew do it!!! I love retro styling...in fact, some would say I am stuck in a retro era!!! Have fun at Retro-rama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make the coolest outfits to wear -- can't wait to see what you sew this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I'd be there for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of fun! I love planning a wardrobe. Good Luck - I'll check back in to see how you progress. I popped over from Salinda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this before. But I definetly think that they should have a section in which others that sew can get a chance to show their skills. Why not?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin