Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Here's to the beginning of a long and happy relationship

A toast to my new obsession - Burda World of Fashion magazine.

You know the other day when I vowed to "clear out the clutter" and "use it up" when it comes to my sewing projects?

Well, now I must admit that I'll actually be adding just a wee bit more clutter on a regular basis to my sewing studio.

That's because my sneaky, yet adorable, hubby surprised me with a subscription to Burda World of Fashion (BWOF) magazine. That's right. BWOF will now be delivered to my doorstep every month.

It turns out my hubby had found an ad for BWOF that I had cut out of a magazine and realized it was the magzine that I bought monthly at Treadle Yard Goods. He took the ad, went online, wasn't sure which magazine to order, called the company and said he needed the "sewing magazine", and placed the order.

No more trips to Treadle Yard Goods to pick up the latest issue (which will help tremendously with my vow to not purchase unneeded fabric as that place is bursting with gorgeous fabrics.)

The January issue has already arrived so you'll see me sewing more BWOF in the 2009. Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with Burda patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful hubby!!! Mine got me a gravity feed iron for Christmas, but I think the real gift was that he listens to me blab and picks out what's important! Can't wait to see all your BWOF creations! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for great hubbies! I have a new subscription too. Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeaaaa for husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How thoughtful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to love it! I've been subscribing to it and the R.I.P. Neue Mode magazines since all I could get was the GERMAN edition with the English directions insert! Do-able, especially when you have a German friend. And you make her laugh with your pronounciations of sewing terms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great guy! Paying attention and acting on the information... good for him! Yaaayy!
    And now we get the benefit of seeing what you make from them! Yaaayy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sensitive caring husband! I can hardly wait to see your sewn projects!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin