Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas 2008 Flannel Pajama gifts - DONE!

Did you hear that shout of joy?

That was just me...a very happy me.

Very happy to be able to be done sewing the little flannel pajamas for this year.

Not that I don't love sewing gifts. And these certainly are not difficult to sew. It's just that I do get a bit bored sewing the same thing, over and over and over. Even with production sewing (same color thread, sew all the same seams at the same time, press at the same time, etc.) it gets monotonous after awhile.

In addition to my favorite New Look pattern, I ended up using a vintage 1988 boy's pattern for the white and red pjs shown. Just for a change of pace. I had picked it up for a whopping 30 cents from a thrift store at the same time I had found that fabulous Vintage Vogue pattern I posted on my pattern blog.

There was not quite 1/2 yard left over from most of these so I also whipped up a couple of little flannel pillows using the left-over fabric and pillow forms that I had stashed away. Oh how I love using things up and getting them out of the house!

Anyway, I'm glad to have the flannel nightwear done so I can move onto the toddler aprons.

But not tonight. Tonight we make homemade caramels...yum!
(and by we I actually mean my husband ) Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Great work - that's quite a production you had going!I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great. I hate production sewing. It just gets boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, production can be boring but the result is truly wonderful. Congrats on finishing up your PJ run and Happy Holidays to your household!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I will be in production mode tonight. I have to get my oven mitts all finished by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fabulous! And I love the idea of matching pillows. More to add to my list of things I may make before Christmas. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful presents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are sooo cute! I've got some of those to make with all the flannel i picked up. which pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!!! I can't wait to see toddler aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! They look adorable! I hope to be joining you in the shouting soon - I'm just a set of buttons and buttonholes away from finishing all my family gifts... (Co-worker gifts will have to wait until after Christmas.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my goodness! Youare just so talented and FOCUSED! I wish I could stick with a project and finish as well as you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!

    Also, Patchwork Pjs is now http://tuesdaysattonyas.blogspot.com

    Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo cute! Brings back memories of making jammies for my little boy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin