Friday, December 26, 2008

100 Skirt Project Update

So call me a L-O-S-E-R. It's okay. No, seriously - it's okay. But just today okay?

And why do I say it's okay to call me a loser today? Because a few days ago, when I was attempting to make some sense out of the mess I fondly call my sewing studio, I came across a bag with some unfinished sewing projects tucked inside.

That in itself isn't a big deal. After all, I have a bit of a reputation for beginning projects, getting bored, and moving onto the next one and forgetting all about the previous one.

But this time I discovered the skirts and tees I had PROMISED to send to Charity as part of her Hundred Skirt Project!

As I pulled the items out of the bag it all came rushing back to me. I had run out of elastic with only two skirts left to finish. I tucked them neatly into the bag with plans to purchase more elastic that weekend. Except that the bag somehow ended up packed away with fabric and I soon forgot about it.

Well, I'm happy to report that I had purchased elastic for the pajama factory production run and finished the remaining two skirts this morning. They'll be packed tonight and on their way to Charity tomorrow.

I shared the first two with you previously - I Love the Flower Girl and I've Got a Secret, both of which are a size 12.

Now let me introduce to you:

Hello/Goodbye. A bright pink skirt trimmed with a pink and green floral braid trim in a size 8. Since the front and back are the same on this simple a-line, elastic waist skirt, the panel (which is sewn into the side seam) can be worn with either side showing.

Hello Goodbye size 8

Candy Dots Dreams. A mint green cotton skirt scatted with yummy colored polka dots that look like candy dots. The skirt has two curved pleated patch pockets decorated with two buttons. The bottom is trimmed with over-sized white ric-rac that had been a gift from Gaylen. (I was going to use it on an apron but it really, really, really wanted to be on this skirt) The matching tee has a small ruffle sewn on to match the skirt. This skirt is also a size 8.

CandyDots Dreams size 8

Oh Hoppy Days! is a tie-dye cotton print skirt with frogs scattered about. This size 10 skirt has only one pocket, but it's a pretty cool patch pocket.

Oh Hoppy Day! Skirt

Not only is the pocket really large, but the zipper unzips to reveal a pocket in a pocket.
Oh Hoppy Day! Skirt Pocket

So there you have it. My contributions to the Hundred Skirt Project. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to do! So colorful and pretty, especially the matching top bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty skirts. The girls who receive those will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:25 PM

    The skirts are AWESOME! I have been loving ALL of them. You have a wonderful creative mind. Don't you just love it when you are free to let the creative juices flow?
    You should patent the 'hello goodbye' skirt, and that ladybug skirt is wonderful. You have done such a great job on these with beautiful details, the kiddies will be very happy and I hope you will receive a ton load of good Karma. I know I'll be sending you some.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so adorable!! They will be well loved, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon - You are NOT a loser! Don't give it a moment's thought. I can't tell you how many times I've done this type of thing. :) I'm looking forward to seeing them. They look utterly adorable. I'll let you know as soon as they arrive. I really appreciate your (and everyone's) participation. Everyone's been great. And the skirts are almost ready to go!

    Charity

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin