Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tutorial: How to sew a child's faux fur muff


Child's faux fur muff
Originally uploaded by Sharon Sews
I've been thinking it's time to get busy and start on the Christmas sewing.

Oh, I know, I know. Some of you are done. Blah, blah, blah. You're probably hitting the sales looking for bargains for the 2009 Christmas season.

I am not like you. I have never been like you. I doubt I will ever be like you. In fact , Ive been known to sew the last stitch on a gift in the car on the way to the family Christmas celebration.

But not this year! Today I begin the Christmas gift sewing.

First up? A child's faux fur muff. I know a number of young girls that would be delighted to receive one of these.

It's a snap to make as it's basically two rectangles sewn together - one fur and one of whatever you choose for your lining fabric.

Instructions, with photos, are here in a PDF document that you can view and print at Scribd.

Let the sewing begin!

(I found the tutorial for the cute fabric flower here)

(This is the first time I've used Scribd so if you have any difficulties viewing the tutorial let me know okay?) Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I like it! I like it a lot.It does make for a very nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I tend to sew all my gifts at the last minute. Fall costumes finished just before walking out the door to a carnival. Staying up until the wee hours to finish birthday presents. So I completely identify with you. This drives my husband crazy. I would like to change. Any help would be appreciated. :) I wonder if there is a Last Minute Sewers Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, I love it... I have been known to be just like you too! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like that too! The day of Christmas I am making the finishing touches on gifts. I'm very last minute, and I actually love it! Nothings better then that rush of adrenaline you get at the last minute!!! (Except I don't like when I wrap a present all pretty an hour before it is opened. Seems like a waist, being it was only in it's pretty wrapping for a little while. I suppose I could aways use a gift bag....) I'm so last minute I get teased that when I get married I'll be sewing the hem of my dress as I walk down the isle and sewing a few more beads here and there during the ceremony! LOL

    Oh! But I love that muff! I used to have a fuzzy muff when I was little that had a puppy on it. Used it all the time!

    ~~Marie~~
    www.modfarmgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my daughter would love something like that! I'll have to try to squeeze that in before Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I am going to make one for each of my daughters. And - my husband's favorite time to shop is on Christmas Eve - go figure! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I know a couple of little girlies who would adore this! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin