Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sometimes a gal just has to give in

I need another 70s pattern like I need a hole in the head, but every once in awhile I stumble across one on eBay that is too tempting to resist. For less than $3 (including shipping) this vintage pattern will be joining my Butterick 70s designers pattern collection. It's only a size 6, but I'm sure it would be fairly easy to size up if I do choose to actually use it. While the design looks like evening disco wear, especially when one model is holding a clutch and the other has the jacket belted, it's actually a nightgown and bed jacket.

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woops meant to add what a great pattern,try finding a nice nightgown pattern these days....they all look like granny nightgowns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes but its a John Kloss pattern and you can't turn that down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is glamourous night wear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I always bring my clutch to bed with me for one final application of lip gloss, ya know. Very cool pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bed jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed you can sew such things. Clothes sewing scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting pattern. Keep in mind those 70's parties at the Playboy Mansion! Always pajama type parties.

    Seriously though, I really like the pattern and can see it working for more than sleepwear.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin