Sunday, November 02, 2008

McCall's 5752 - Done!


*** EDITED 11/3 **** added link to blog post with additional details on the construction as well as more photos of the dress including me wearing the dress.

McCall's 5752
Palmer/Pletsch pattern
The perfect knit dress

The dress is done! I'm so glad I didn't attempt to complete this in time to wear to the wedding last weekend as it would have been a major frustration.

That being said, the frustration had absolutely nothing to do with the pattern. It was my choice of knit fabric combined with the fact that I originally cut and sewed this dress one size too large. The pattern itself was great - lots of fitting tips, clear instructions and pattern pieces that fit together properly.

I'll post a full review tomorrow as I still have lots of it's-Sunday-night-and-I-have-to-get-this-stuff-done-before-the-work-week-begins chores to finish before heading off to bed.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Sharon - modelled photos? Please, says the girls who photos everything on a dress form lately. It looks lovely - I love that print. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, this looks very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great one, but I love wrap dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I've had this pattern out wanting to make it up. I'm so glad you made it first!
    Would love to see it on you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin