Sunday, November 09, 2008

Lots going on in this household, but it doesn't include sewing.

Not much sewing going on in my sewing studio. Way, way, way too busy for that. *sigh*

Work continues on the upstairs bathroom remodel. It's only been underway since last May. Hubby has such a hectic work schedule with so much mandatory overtime that he's only been able to work on it in small time chunks. But, it is looking really wonderful! I'm so luck to have such a talented husband. I'm tellin' ya, the man ought to be on one of those home improvement shows *LOL*

Today was spent doing to typical Sunday chores - bills, laundry - you know. The necessary, but not fun, stuff that needs to be done. Of course with the cold wet weather we've been having, Abby has been in doggie heaven with all the mud and yuck in the yard. With Posing Paws coming up on Tuesday, we decided she needed a good bath, so we took her off to Petco to use the self-service bath stations. If you've never used them before, they're well worth it. For only $15 I don't have to worry about cleaning up after bathing her.

I spend most of my yesterday preparing for this week's children's sermon. Did I ever mention that every other week I get to do the children's sermon? Not something I ever envisioned myself doing. However, a few months ago our pastor was asked to preach at the church service of the congregation that we rent space from. (We meet at their church building on Saturday nights and they meet on Sundays.)

Their pastor also invited someone from our church to give their children's sermon that week. Except that no one from our church volunteered. So the day before the service Pastor Mac called to see if I'd be willing to do it - and, well, what was I supposed to say? *LOL* Of course I said I would.

Actually I had wanted to volunteer but was afraid to because I have no formal training and had no idea what to do or say. So I just pulled out some books that I had used years ago for Sunday School, prayed for wisdom and choose a story. I guess I should have remembered something our pastor says frequently "God doesn't always call the equipped, but he always equips the called" because the children's sermon went well and Pastor Mac asked me to do it in our church. The neat thing about that service was that three of us from our church spoke and each one of our messages were the same - the pastor's sermon, my children's sermon and the testimony - and neither of us knew what the other was going to talk about. Cool huh?

Anyway, that's the story of how Sharon discovered that she loves creative Bible storytelling :-)

Now back to sewing. I also spent time today proofing my instructions for the One Yard Wonders book as everything is due this week. As far as actual sewing goes, well, I did I did manage to squeak out a wee bit of sewing. A super quick knit top from Vogue 8534, the non-bow version. I'll share that with you tomorrow.

Ta-ta! Gotta get that last load of laundry folded then I'm off to bed. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Sharon, we've never met, but I've "read you" for well over a year now and everything I've come to know leads me to believe that my children we be in good hands during your sermons. Prayers and best wishes for this part of your spiritual journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting. Sounds like fun with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very multi-talented! Sounds like your hubby is, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin