Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tweet, tweet or do sewers Twitter?

Over the course of the past year, every communications and marketing conference I've attended has had some breakout session on social media and specifically Twitter.

They (the presenters) keep saying that businesses should have a presence on Twitter, but I'm not convinced yet. I certainly see the social aspect, but I'm still trying to discover the business marketing value.

Figuring that I should probably check it out, I signed up the other day. After all, if I'm supposed to be knowledgeable about all of these social media communication tools I should at least have an idea what they're about, right?

A little bit of time has been spent the past few days exploring the world of Twitter. I started by visiting a bloggy friend's Twitter profile and following a few people I recognized from the list she was following. Then I started to receive a notice or two that someone was following me.

Of course my curiosity got the best of me and I had to view the profiles of those who want to follow me. One of the first was from this blog where I also found a "How to Twitter" blog post. As you can tell, I have a lot to learn about the proper etiquette on Twitter.

Sewing on Twitter
You have the ability to search by name, location or words so naturally, one of the first searches I did was for sewing. And I came across this tweet from emihill about a live stream from the Houston Quilt Market on Saturday by Boutique Cafe. If you've always been curious about the quilt market you might enjoy this little live peek inside.

Do you Twitter?
So tell me, do you Twitter? I already know that Alicia does, but does anyone else?

If so, do you use it for personal updates? or do you use it for your business?

By the way, if you want to follow Alicia click here. You can follow me here. Don't know how much I'll have to say in this mini-blog format but you just never know.

ADDED 8/23: I've received a few emails responding to this post and telling me the comment button is not working. I have no idea why that would be so if anyone has ideas on what I should check email me at sewingbysharon at gmail dot com. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin