Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I heart bloggy friends - don't you?

A few weeks ago - okay, fine, it was almost a month ago - I was admiring one of Gaylen's fabric purchases. She offered to purchase and ship some identical fabric to me and just a few days later I had a package on my front steps.

She even tucked a little surprise inside - some super-wide white ric-rac which will be perfect adorning an apron. She jokingly mentioned that I'd probably get my dress sewn before she finished hers.

I did indeed have plans to sew my dress immediately using the fabric, but my body had other plans and opted for lots of sleep while I battled to rid myself of that lousy two-week cold. She, on the other hand, has her dress completed and modeled it on her blog the other day.

I'll probably sew the dress using a pattern from my stash rather than one I've sewn already. Then I can enter it into PatternReview's pattern stash reduction contest :-) The pattern I might use is Vogue 8489. with black as the contrast. Has anyone sewed that one yet? I'm not convinced yet...


See what I mean? Aren't bloggy friends the best? Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That is one kewl piece of fabric and it will be interesting to see your garment from it! And yes, bloggy friends are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some fabric and this pattern sitting out, also.
    Hurry up so I can see how yours turns out before I start mine! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made that dress and LOVE it!!! It was super simple to construct and I didn't have any trouble out of it! Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love that fabric too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin