Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dogs on Thursday - Halloween Style

I bet you're thinking "Wait a minute! This doesn't look like Abby and Sophia! Well, maybe Sophia, but Abby is definitely not in this photo!"

You're right.

Let me introduce to you Riley (left) and Trubble (right). These little guys, both purebred Maltese, belonged to my husband when I married him ten years ago. They were brothers and just a year apart from one another. As my hubby likes to say, it was just the three guys living all alone eating fast food and frozen pizza.

Riley was dressed in the devil costume as it fit his little personality. He had been the runt of the litter and was a little spitfire and a bit goofy. He would run and hid underneath the pedestal sink in a bathroom - not realizing he was in plain view.

Trubble was a jolly little guy who, when it came to protecting the family, thought he was a pit bull. As he grew older we called him Chubby Trubby. The angel costume fit him perfectly as he was such a loving little guy.

It was an incredibly sad day when, at age 14 and 15, my husband made the decision to put them to sleep. Trubby had problems with his heart and the night before we put him to sleep he was up most of the night struggling to breath. And Riley we suspected had cancer. As close as those two were we decided it would be best to let them go to The Rainbow Bridge together.

Trubs and Riles, Halloween 1999, gone but not forgotten

More dogs on thursday blog posts here
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely post and such a hard decision. they looked cute all dressed up for the holiday. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a sadly sweet little story. My sister just lost her dog - it was a really sad ordeal. Her puppy had gotten provo - I'm not sure what that is - but it was bad. Anyway - very cute costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable costumes. What good dogs to wear them. My daughters put fairy wings on our St Bernard once. I still don't know how they managed that. I'm sure they are having a great time up on that rainbow bridge. Beth

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin