Monday, October 27, 2008

Apple Crisp recipe


Sewing must cease once in a while so I can bake one of my husband's favorite autumn treats - apple crisp.

This time I used a recipe from one of my vintage 1960 cookbooks that I found at either a library book sale or an estate sale.

This recipe is oh so quick and easy - especially when you have an husband who eagerly measures all of the ingredients to save you time. See, the faster you get this in the oven, the sooner he gets to eat some.

Apple Crisp
5 cups sliced pared tart apples
1/8 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup enriched flour
3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or margarine

Arrange apples in a buttered 9-inch pie plate or pan. Combine granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss apples with sugar mixture until well coated.

Combine brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon; cut in butter till crumbly. Press mixture over apples. Bake in moderate oven (350 degree F) 45 to 50 minutes or till top is browned.

Serve warm with ice cream. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. We make this all year round - too yummy just for autumn. But we call it apple crumble. Youngest DD is the crumble maker here, but she doesn't follow a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm also on the SewCraft blog group #1. You have such a great blog! Thank you for sharing your Apple Crisp recipe. I've got to try it, sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! you were supposed to give me that recipe.... and you never did.....

    but i'm glad i looked on your blog (i'm still at work in case you were wondering....)

    i can't wait to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin