Wednesday, September 03, 2008

So what's on my sewing table?

It was fun to read about your current sewing projects in the comments you left. It seems that everyone's sewing machines are getting quite the workout.

Well, except for me and Angela of RiAnge Creations who is temporarily experiencing that all too familiar loss of the sewing mojo. We've all been there haven't we?

What do you do when it happens to you?

I do what she did. I visit sewing blogs, browse the online fabric shops, read the reviews and the boards at PatternReview, and of course ask you to tell me what you're sewing when you leave me a comment, LOL!

Actually, when Angela mentioned deep purple as one of her inspiration colors, it reminded me of a deep purple knit I had purchased from Fabric Mart last spring.

And it just so happens that a disappointing knit purchase from Fabric Club Fabrics worked quite well with the deep purple. Suddenly I had my own inspiration for my next sewing project!

Another knit wrap dress, Butterick 5206, with contrasting binding, which I knew I wanted to sew after seeing Kasizzle's version. Perfect as a transition piece from summer to fall.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I have that dress cut out and ready to sew with a Fabric.com knit! Can't wait to see your version! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your dress. That is a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, usually when I lose my sewing mojo, I use that time to catch up on my scrapbooks, since that tends to be neglected in favor of sewing! ;)

    And that really is a great dress. It was one of my late-summer projects, and has turned out to be one of my favorite throw-on-and-go outfits. And I didn't even need to install the called-for zipper!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see it. It's going to look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that really is going to look good on you, Sharon. Maybe even better than your hula skirt, idk.

    It's too late to text you, I just saw my text tonight...you are the best thing since...well since most things. Thank.you. xoxoxo

    PS--what's on my sewing table you ask? Funny you ask, I was just down there yesterday. There's a very very moldy cup of coffee, a bag of M&Ms from our last tornado warning (Spring) and a lot of dust. This stinks....I'm a loser-seamstress too! Ahh well, I live through your adventures anyway. Give any thought to adventures.....and stuff?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin