Monday, September 08, 2008

Butterick 5206 faux wrap dress - the model version


Butterick 5206
Originally uploaded by Sharon Sews
This one's for you Gaylen and Kasey. See how easily I can be persuaded to post a photo of the garment being worn?

Truth be told, when I photographed the dress yesterday I was too lazy - yep, too lazy - to take the time to put the dress on and figure out how to use the self-timer on our new camera.

But on occasion I give in easily to peer pressure so here's the dress on a real, live person. Obviously I'll be wearing a cami underneath this, but I need to do that with all of the wrap dresses and tops that I wear.
Actually, now that I see it on, I like it better than I thought. I think this dress pattern just moved up from "like" to "Like a lot" with a capital L. Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This is very cute on you! Thanks for taking the time to learn how to use your self timer and glad a new camera is home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great on you. So happy it now has a capital "L" rating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really flattering dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for giving in and figuring out the camera!
    It looks like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see how it moved up in status! It looks fabulous on. Thanks for figuring out the camera (what did you get, btw?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Sharon!!! I actually finished my Chetta B dress this morning before I headed to work, so I threw it on. I had to rework the bodice twice because it was too revealing as well. I ended up with the edges of the wrap almost in the side seam to achieve the fit I desired. It sure is comfortable...I think I'll make another...how about you?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin