Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The list of vintage sewing pattern sellers on Etsy

Yesterday I told you how to search for vintage sewing patterns on Etsy. Today, I'll share my list of sellers who offer sewing patterns for sale.

A couple of tips for you to keep in mind before I get to the list.

Etsy provides an RSS feed button on the home page of each seller's shop. This makes it easy for you to be notified when your favorite seller adds an item to their shop. The RSS feed is the last item on the right side of the page.

You can also heart a seller or a pattern, but you do need to set up an Etsy account to do this. I'd recommend it because it makes it easier to find a pattern or favorite seller again.

As a seller I can see who hearts my shop as well as who has marked any of my items with a heart. But, as a buyer, if you dont' want that information public, you have the ability to keep your hearts private. It just shows up as a secret admirer. BTW, feel free to heart my shop as I only have 42 so far and I'm feeling a bit like the last kid in gym class picked for team, if you know what I mean .

Finally, when you do shop for patterns on Etsy, keep in mind that Etsy defines vintage as anything older than 20 years. Okay, now that you've stopped giggling you'll understand why you see patterns from the 80s coming up in your search for vintage sewing patterns. Also most of these shops sell OOP (out of print) patterns in addition to vintage.

This list is in no particular order - except my shop is first, but hey, it's my blog so I get to be first if I want to.

AbbyandSophia

Patternshop (I've purchased from this seller)

VintageStyle101 (I've purchased from this seller)

SnippetsofTime (I've purchased from this seller)

CraftRage (now I haven't purchased from her, but Rachelle commented that she uses her shop to clear out her extra vintage patterns, but is "hopelessly addicted, so I actually buy more than I sell. *sigh*" Yea, I can relate to that ...)

OhSewCharming (she was my first customer)

Historicallypatterns

Retrochicboutique

Sandmarg

Patternworld

Patternstash

Patternhaven

Patternmania

Patternpatch

Sandritocrat

Empresspatterns

Vintagesewingandmore

Chigalspatterns

Patternsnew2u

5luckfarm

Starlet

SassyByDesign

Sheluvsvintage

Mslegacysews

GreatScott

TheJShop

SevenCats

ChickenScratchEtc

CheysMom123

AllGoodThings

GloriousBeginnings

SMMAK

GlamourStitch

SelmaLee

SewingBird

EllesNiche

Fatookies

RockThatFrock

RaisinBiggToby


RushIsVogue

NanasSewingBasket




I'll come back and alphabetize these for you and save them to the sidebar for easy reference in the near future. In the meantime, if you know of an Etsy pattern seller that I've missed, leave a comment or send me an email so I can add them to the list.

Happy sewing! Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad, bad girl. You are as bad an enabler as Carolyn-Diary Sewing Fanatic! But thank you! I have missed a lot of opportunities at Etsy. I bookmarked this post to enable myself to search at my leisure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are trying to make me go broke, right? Have to eat cat food as a senior citizen? Geeze way too many kewl sites to visit...I must not click over! I MUST NOT click over! I MUST NOT CLICK OVER! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thought you might like to know. Your list of sites is awesome. Feedback:

    Sheluvsvintage
    RaisinBiggToby

    These are no longer active.

    5luckfarm
    craftrage
    thesewingbird

    These have no items for sale at this time.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin