Friday, August 15, 2008

Flashback Friday - Renaissance Festival 1992

Sharon, Suzonne and Alice circa early 1990s

Mid-August in Minnesota means it's time for the annual Renaissance Festival to begin. This year it will begin on a sad note with the passing of actor Joe Kudla who played Thomas Snot of the infamous Puke & Snot.

I first saw one of their performances in 1980 when I made my first visit to the festival. I never laughed so hard in my life. Well, actually my brother Steve is pretty funny and he's been known to make all of his sister's laugh so hard we cry, but that's another story. BTW, Happy Birthday Steve!

Joe Kudla will be missed, not only by his family and friends, but by his many, many fans.

******
In 1992, Suzonne, my adorable friend from the south was visiting and my best friend convinced us to dress in character for the festival. It took a bit of coaxing, but we eventually pulled together a hodge podge of items and off we went. One time was all it took and for years I would sew a new outfit for the upcoming Ren Faire. And of course I'm wearing something I sewed - the white poet blouse - after all, what would my Flashback Friday be without something sewing related?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin