Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What I did on my summer vacation...and it includes very little sewing

Hubby and I are currently in the midst of another week off from work. While secretly I had hoped it would be all sewing all the time, well in reality that isn't possible when you're partner is counting on you being the helper in a multitude of home improvement projects.

First there's the painting - the color in the family room is being changed from fudge bar to warm honey.
The 3/4 master bathroom is still in the midst of renovations. The tiling is completed and tomorrow my job is to rip off the remaining traces of that old ugly wallpaper. And by traces I mean all of the paper backing that was left behind when we first pulled off the wallpaper - basically all of it. I see a full day of fun for me - not.

Then there was packing up all the cr*p we've managed to accumulate. We had a huge pile of clothing, accessories and house hold misc. outside and waiting for pick up by 8 a.m. today. This particular agency takes fabric, patterns and sewing notions which is why I choose them. However after they did the pick up I found the three rolls of home dec fabric left behind so I guess I'll be posting it in the free section on Craig's list.

While it sounds like it has been all work, in reality I do have some non home improvement items on the agenda. I have lunch and coffee scheduled with a few girlfriends and will begin planning Sweet Monday socials with a friend from church.

I even managed to call my blog buddy Stacey- who was busy taking care of her son who had been injured recently so we didn't actually have a chance to talk but she promises to call tomorrow. (Whew, was that a run on sentence or what!?) I now have something to look forward to besides ripping down wallpaper.

And in between all of that I managed to sew this knit top from Burda 7828. Talk about easy! It looks difficult but this took less than an hour to sew...of course I have yet to hem it so let's say an hour total sewing time.

While I like it I don't love it and won't bother sewing another one, so I'm going to pass along the pattern to J, who is busy finishing her last beginner's sewing class this evening. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous top, right down to the fabric!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin