Thursday, July 03, 2008

Dogs on Thursday - a dog left behind

Do you ever read something and exclaim to yourself "what's wrong with people?!?"

I had one of those moments last night when I was browsing the Etsy forum (yea, yea, I know...I said I was going to sew instead of surf) when I saw this heading "Would you like a dog?"

Of course I had to read the post because my mind was busy trying to figure out how the post could possibly be related to selling or buying on Etsy. (Turns out I had been browsing the etc. forum so it had nothing to do with buying or selling on Etsy.)

The post read:

My friend's brother and his fiance just bought a house that came with an unexpected bonus. The people who owned the house before (dead beats) left their dog. My friend's brother and his fiance just bought a house that came with an unexpected bonus. The people who owned the house before (dead beats) left their dog. The dog is a male chow chow mix, about 50 or more pounds, friendly, and also extremely well behaved. It basically looks like a lion (when his hair is long -- he was bathed and groomed yesterday), and he is very very cute. They don't have time to take care of a dog and are going to have to give him up to animal control where it will surely be destroyed, so..............if you have ever had the desire to have a really awesome looking and well behaved dog for free, now is your chance.
Seriously, what is wrong with people? How could someone knowingly leave their pet behind when they moved! That poor dog.

Here's the link to the thread with photos of that absolutely adorable dog. I do hope they take him to a no-kill shelter...

(More Dogs on Thursday posts here) Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that terrible, how could someone leave a pet behind. To us our pets are like one of our kids, would they leave a kid behind too? It looks it has been suggested they look for a no kill shelter. I am not especially fond of Chows' but he is cute, but we have 5 dogs - and too many states away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking!!! I'll be entering you twice. Good luck!!! Love your blog, I'll be checking in.
    xo
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that poor dog found a new home. There are many people who should never have had a dog in the first place and the previous owner must be one of them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin