Monday, July 07, 2008

Birthday reflections and progress on the jacket

Thank you for the birthday wishes! It really was a wonderful beginning to my birthday month :-)
  • Co-workers surprised me with homemade mango cheesecake and black birthday balloons.
  • Hubby surprised me with a gift for my sewing studio - a small flat screen TV with a DVD player...now I can actually follow along with all of those Sandra Betzina sewing instructional DVDs I own
  • Best friend sent a wonderful card with a beautiful handwritten note - brought tears to my eyes.
  • Daughter surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to my office and showed up later with a favorite DVD to add to my collection.
  • Son and girlfriend treated me to a facial and pedicure at the Aveda Institute in Minneapolis Aveda
  • Family members gathered together and called to sing happy birthday
See what I mean? It was the best birthday ever - or should I say so far? From what everyone's been telling me, it only gets better after 50.

In between the busy weekend, I did manage to find a little more time to work on the turquoise jacket. The lining is pinned in place so I only need to do a bit of hand sewing, add a buttonhole, sew on a button and do some serious steaming as this fabric holds wrinkles more than I had anticipated. Anyway, another jacket almost completed.

Now, on to the tropical print dress for this weekend's party... Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Great progress on the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacket is looking good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin