Monday, June 23, 2008

Vogue 1017 Blouse Today's Fit by Sandra Betzina


1017GraySBTop
Originally uploaded by Sharon Sews
After two weeks, I finally got around to sewing the buttonholes and buttons on this blouse sewn from Vogue 1017 - a Today's Fit by Sandra Betzina pattern.

I realized a few weeks ago that I have plenty of "going to work" clothes and plenty of plain tees and "work-out" clothes but that I had nothing in between. Nothing to throw on with a pair of jeans for a casual Friday at work or for an evening bonfire with friends.

You know what I mean. Something that's casual but stepped up just a notch from your basic crew neck tee shirt.

I choose to use a gray men's cotton shirting purchased years and years ago to test out this pattern. I really wasn't sure if I would like the style on me so I didn't want to invest in one of my "good" cotton shirtings. To help add a bit of interest I topstitched the blouse with hot pink thread.

The pattern went together nicely and, as usual with Sandra Betzina patterns, there were a number of great tips included in the instructions.

The final verdict? A keeper. It's casual enough to wear with jeans but unique enough that I still feel stylish. Plus it's comfortable to wear.

Now that the weather has finally gotten to the high 70s and low 80s I can think about sewing the short sleeved version.

Hmmm, where did I put that white and black striped silk shirting? Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Great looking blouse, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this first on your Flickr account and really admired it then! Lovely, lovely blouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking blouse. The added top stitching is a very nice detail.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin