Sunday, June 29, 2008

Next project - another version of McCall's 5527

Back in February I began work on this jacket from McCall's 5527. I was looking forward to wearing the jacket because of that fabulous collar. However, I never did complete the hand sewing the jacket needed before winter changed to spring so I packed it away until next fall.

Not wanting to wait until fall to wear this jacket, I pulled the pattern out again when I decided it was time to sew up my recent fabric purchases from SR Harris.

View A, this time with the sleeve ending in a ruffle, is my jacket of choice. Since I've sewn it once already, and made notations on the pattern regarding the additional adjustments needed, all I had to do was cut it out and begin sewing.

In between walking the dogs, visiting my son, hitting an estate sale with his girlfriend, and all the other normal weekend chores, I managed to get the lining portion sewn together. Anyone recognize the silk lining? Ha, ha! I think we all own this one thanks to Shannon.

I thought I had purchased enough fabric for a skirt also, but unless I want to wear a mini-pencil skirt (which I don't, and you all should be thankful for that) I suspect I don't have enough fabric left over. No problem...I'm sure I can find a coordinating cotton print and whip up another summer skirt. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love the colours (and of course, the lining!), so I can't wait to see it all made up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the new jacket 'cause I loved your fall/winter version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this version. I made this in late winter and wore it once. I found it ran a little snug so I made note to add some width in the waist area. I made the gathered collar and wish I had used a different fabric as the gathered collar is heavy plus using heavy fabric, you get the picture.

    Love the lining fabric, can't wait to see the finished one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin