Tag game number 1 - get to know me
Tagged by Charity (man, oh man do I love her stuff!) a game of tag to help us know one another better.
What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was newly (re)married, working at a job I intensely disliked (selling steel), preparing to put home on the market, and spending lots of time sewing :-)
What are five things on my to-do list today?
- Go to work- Done
- Ship orders from my Etsy pattern shop – Done
- Pick up drycleaning order – Done
- Wash clothes – ugh, where *do* all those dirty clothes come from?
- Practice animal faces for an upcoming face painting gig – as soon as I get off of the computer
Snacks I enjoy:
M&M’s and Tostitos bite size round tortilla chips - hold the salsa
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Give money to our church – it’d be so cool if we could afford our own church building
- Support all my fave charities including World Vision, Cheerful Givers, Last Hope Pet Adoption, Samaritan’s Purse, and Union Gospel Mission.
- Buy my children and siblings new homes and my parents a townhome (if they wanted one)
- Travel with my hubby - I've always wanted to see Ireland
- Finish the lower level in our home as well as the landscaping.
- Buy an embroidery machine and a machine dedicated to making buttonholes
- Hire a coach to teach me how to sing on key
Denver, CO Wichita, KS Seabrook, TX
What type(s) of work have I done?
- Babysitter (child)
- Choreographer and director (child – I organized a dance recital with the neighborhood kids and charged the moms to come and watch – my sisters still tease me about the uninspiring dances I made them perform.)
- Assistant dance instructor (teen – worked with the preschoolers)
- Sold Barbie doll clothes that I designed and sewed (did the craft show circuit for years beginning at age 17)
- Bussed dishes (teen)
- Postal worker - sorted mail and packages (teen)
- Sales clerk – Joann Fabrics and Minnesota Fabrics (back when the fabrics were luscious and the model garments were spectacular)
- Keypunch operator (showing my age here)
- Computer operator (graveyard shift)
- Sales (inside) – industrial instrumentation equipment; safety control equipment (for large machinery); ribs (the food kind); and steel
- Drapery workroom owner – (operated a drapery workroom part time until carpel tunnel helped change my mind about that line of work)
- Marketing assistant
- Administrative assistant (my least favorite job)
- Communications – media relations (love this one!)
Tag game number 2 - The literary meme
1. Pick up the nearest book, 2. Turn to page 123, 3. Find the fifth sentence, 4. Post the next three sentences, 5. Tag five people and acknowledge who tagged you.
I'm actually re-reading this one - Thorn in My Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs. "Rose had hoped to have a full month to convince Leana and Jamie of their mutual affection and chase old Fergus away. It seemed she might have that much time and more. She grinned as she carefully refolded the letter."
Again, I'm not tagging anyone because I think this one flew around the Internet recently.
Tag number 3 - Seven (weird) things about me
Okay, gotta be honest here. My dear friend Stacey actually tagged me 43 days ago for a seven facts about me and for some reason when she tagged me she wrote "because she ignores my tags and I like that elephant in the room for a few weeks" LOL! Does the girl know me or what.
- I once tried to balance on one foot on the top of a nail that was sticking out of a piece of wood. It didn't work - the nail went into my foot. I was ten.
- My family was in a car accident when I was seven. My head went partially thru a car window and I still recall seeing myself sitting in the back seat covered in blood. Freaky huh?
- I adored my older brother and copied whatever he did. One night when I was four and we were supposed to be sleeping, he showed me how to rock forward on the bed and then somersault backwards. I rocked forward, cracked my head open on the metal bed and had to go the emergency room for stitches.
- Driving to work one day I "saw" my sister's car in an accident - but there was no accident and she hadn't even left for work yet. Turns out she had an minor accident in that same place later that day.
- I chased a girl home from the playground after she teased me about my poor singing ability. I didn't know what I'd do if I caught her so I let her outrun me.
- When four boys chased me home (in fourth grade) I outran them and then tattled. They all got in trouble the next day. Can you say "teacher's pet?"
- In high school I was too shy to try out as a cheerleader so I ended up on dance line - no talking required.
So, anyone still awake?