Perhaps if the weather wouldn't have been so beautiful and I hadn't spent Saturday helping hubby with a home improvement project I would have spent more time indoors in the sewing studio.
I did, however manage to find time to trace a few patterns:
- Burda 7828, a long sleeve knit top and short sleeved knit dress.
- Vogue 1045, a Sandra Betzina design that looks like it would make a nice summer top. The mid-section is shaped with 1/2" tucks sewn to the outside of the top. If I'm happy with the way the muslin turns out I'll be looking for ways to get creative with those tucks.
- Dress 103 from February 2008 Burda World of Fashion - this is the knit dress with the twist front at the waistline that I meant to start on a few months ago. (reviews from Patternreview here and here.)
- Skirt 111 also from February 2008 Burda World of Fashion - a pencil skirt with band detailing across the front.
- Dress 116 from April 2008 Burda World of Fashion - another knit dress. Although after tracing the pattern I read reviews (here and here and here) on patternreview, I've changed my mind about sewing this one. I think the style is too young for me and I would be uncomfortable wearing it. Now if my daughter is interested I've got the pattern all set to go!
There are walking trails, an open field to toss sticks, plenty of bags for picking up doggy-doo and bowls of water for the dogs.
This is her second visit and she still is incredibly submissive when other dogs approach her. We're hoping more time at the park with all the dogs will help her with that. For now she's quite content to stick close to us.
Sophia had to stay behind - she's just too small to play with the big dogs - and she cried as we left. But don't worry about little Sophia. The tables were turned in the afternoon when Abby had to stay behind while Sophia had her hour walk.