Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Sewing gift tags

As I've been going through the huge stash of patterns in my possession (I swear they multiply overnight...I think I need to set up a surveillance camera for proof) I've been pulling out those I know I won't use. I've sent a few boxes to PatternRescue and I've begun placing others in my Etsy shop (named Abby + Sophia...hmmm, wonder how I came up with that name? LOL) .

Inspired by the beautiful work that Charity at Vintage Threads creates, rather than toss the patterns that were incomplete I decided to use the artwork to make cards and tags.

So tonight after work, instead of sewing my 50s era dress for next week's RetroRama, I completed the first step in a set sewing gift tags. Add a few more paper layers are needed, punch a hole at the top, and add some vintage ric-rac or buttons and the tags will be done.
Pin It

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin