Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cheerfulling giving my time

I could be sewing. In fact I'd like to be sewing, I haven't been in the sewing studio all week. But today is a day for giving. A day to give of my time for an organization named Cheerful Givers.

Have you heard of them? No?

Cheerful Givers is a non-profit organization that gives birthday gift bags to homeless shelters and food shelves so that every child has a gift on their birthday.


I would guess most of us take for granted that our own birthday's will be celebrated in some manner. If we have children, or nieces and nephews, we make sure their day is special with lots of cake and ice cream and gifts galore. However, there are plenty of kids you don't get to have their special day celebrated. That's where Cheerful Givers comes in. You can read their story here.

So today, instead of sewing, I volunteered to be an assistant face painter at the big birthday bash at the Mall of America. Can't make it to MOA but want to help out? Click here to learn how you can become a cheerful giver too. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! You are such a dear to give your time. I know you will be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud to be included as your friend, Sharon. The last two posts I've read from you have been posts about giving your time and your skills and I know you'll blush but I see Jesus in you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great organization. I had never heard of this before, but it's a fantastic idea. I will definitely be checking it out. And good for you! You'll probably be even more blessed than the children you end up painting. Giving tends to do that. :)

    And BTW, thank you SO much for the sympathy card I received snail mail from you on the loss of our Copper. I was so surprised and touched to receive an in-real-life greeting from an internet acquaintance. It was so kind of you. And your note came on the day we had to pick up Copper's ashes. It was not a fun day so the timing was a real God-thing. :) :)

    Charity

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin