Monday, April 14, 2008

The 100 Skirt Project - "I Love the Flowergirl"

My second contribution to the 100 skirt project is completed; another size 12 skirt.

This time I began with a tan bottom weight fabric that was dying to be matched with two subdued floral prints buried in my stash.

I'm obviously a bit obsessed with huge pockets since I added them to the previous skirt I sewed also.

This bottom contrast band is simply a wide facing top stitched in place on the front of the skirt. To pull the color from the pocket flap to the bottom of the skirt, I added a 1" bias strip sewn in place with a decorative stitch.

The final touch was a pink button with a tiny gold flower button sewn onto the pocket flaps. So sweet.

And for you youngsters who are wondering about the name of this skirt...well this video's for you.


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. What a cute skirt and what a nice thing to do for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I love the decorative stitch. It's the perfect accent with the beautiful colors. Thank you so much for doing this. I know this will be a huge blessing to the lucky girl who receives it!

    Charity
    The Hundred Skirts Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those skirts are super cute! I love your new banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is wonderful, Sharon, and no, I didn't know about this, I'll check it out.

    I totally loved this song, now it's going to be in my head all day long. Great! Now I have to hunt it down and play it. I love the flower girl.................(and you) xoxo

    PS--I noted there were at least two band members missing a front tooth, is this some sort of initiation?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh MY GOSH! The Cowsills. Haven't heard the Cowsills for years and years. I love the flowergirl... great skirt, great song. Are we meeting at Indian Lake for the next skirt???

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin