Why? I dunno - it's not like I don't have a gazillion sewing projects underway at the moment. Guess I thought it would be fun to sew an apron for someone I don't know.
So now the question is .... what to sew?
- A current pattern? Emmeline seems to be apron of the moment - and for good reason.
- Make up my own? I have a few apron sketches (complete with fabric) that I haven't sewn yet but maybe I shouldn't make my swap partner an unsuspecting guinea pig.
- A retro pattern? I do love this old Betsey Johnson apron pattern - and judging by the way it gets snapped up on eBay I'm guessing others do too.
- A vintage pattern? I've wanted to try out this 1946 pattern with the interesting ruffle detail.
- A simple half-apron with unique embellishments? I just checked out 49 Sensational Skirts from my local library (I first heard about the book when Stacy reviewed it). Talk about fiber art inspiration! Some of the embellishments would turn an ordinary apron into a one-of-a-kind art-to-wear apron.