Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Flirty apron - so many decisions to make!

I did it. I joined the Flirty Apron Swap.

Why? I dunno - it's not like I don't have a gazillion sewing projects underway at the moment. Guess I thought it would be fun to sew an apron for someone I don't know.

So now the question is .... what to sew?
  • A current pattern? Emmeline seems to be apron of the moment - and for good reason.
  • Make up my own? I have a few apron sketches (complete with fabric) that I haven't sewn yet but maybe I shouldn't make my swap partner an unsuspecting guinea pig.
  • A retro pattern? I do love this old Betsey Johnson apron pattern - and judging by the way it gets snapped up on eBay I'm guessing others do too.
  • A vintage pattern? I've wanted to try out this 1946 pattern with the interesting ruffle detail.
  • A simple half-apron with unique embellishments? I just checked out 49 Sensational Skirts from my local library (I first heard about the book when Stacy reviewed it). Talk about fiber art inspiration! Some of the embellishments would turn an ordinary apron into a one-of-a-kind art-to-wear apron.
Each direction appeals to me in it's own way. Which way would you go? Pin It

3 comments:

  1. How crazy is this? I found you on the big list of sewing blogs to only find out I am participating in the flirty apron swap too. What are the odds? Crazy! Nice to meet you and can't wait to see your apron. Good Luck.

    www.itching2Bstitching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH, how fun - I LOVE aprons (although I rarely wear them)! I vote for the Emmeline... make one side with regular fabric and on the opposite, embellish it (or try a technique from the skirt book). Now I've got lots of ideas running on this and I'm not even in the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the Emmaline pattern. So pretty! My favorite here, though is the 1946 pattern. VERY flirty!

    Looking forward to seeing what you end up with! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin