Sunday, March 02, 2008

Completing the look for McCalls 5532 - the skirt

Back in January I began the skirt suit from McCall's 5532 . The top/suit jacket I completed right away (here) but I kept putting off cutting out and sewing the skirt. Why? I don't know. I guess I wanted to waste my sewing time on knit dresses that don't fit, LOL!

Not any more - last night I cut the skirt out and today I completed the sewing.

The end result is a nice, classic, understated basic straight skirt suit.


That is until you turn around. Look at the details on the back - curved princess seams over the tush and a shaped lower hem that gives this skirt a bit of sass!


And of course I had to add a silk charmeuse lining to match the jacket/top.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Business in the front...party in the back (oh no, that's a description of a mullet...LOL Those princess seams and that sassy little flounce really look great! Good job! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really digging the new suited outfit! You are going to wow them at work when you wear this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhh Sharon...where's the weight you promised me you gained? I'm not sure I'm okay with you not having weight to show like I do. Idk, maybe you can't come to MO this Spring. (hehe!) Nice skirt, Sharon. You do sleep, right? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a nice suit, I love the grey with the little red belt, very chic

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is beautiful! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job finishing your suit! I had looked right past this pattern until I saw your jacket. I wasn't sure what I thought about the cuffs on a jacket, but I really like yours. It turned out so sharp. And I like that the skirt has a little pizzazz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt turned out super cute. But you're glad you quit putting it off. Love, love, love the lining though! Gotta be my favorite part. g

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin