Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sewing continues on McCall's 5527 velvet jacket

In a past post I mentioned I was having issues with the collar not laying properly - Tany commented (on this post) it might be the velvet against velvet (the naps) fighting against one another causing this.

In an attempt to try and combat the wayward collar that I decided to tack the collar edges in place - by hand! Now you know how much I *hate* hand sewing but there are times it just can't be avoided. To disguise the stitches I'm sewing beads onto the front of the collar - they are a ice gray so they blend in pretty well.
My goal is to prevent this jacket from becoming another UFO - so tonight while watching Project Runway I'll finish beading the collar. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin