Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Invitation to the dance

As I walked into the house idly flipping through a stack of mail I noticed the bright pink envelope peeking out from among the bills and advertisements.

Hmmm, no return address. I wonder if it's junk mail?

My curiosity got the best of me so I eagerly opened it and discovered an invitation to a surprise 50th birthday party! (and I guess if she/he reads my blog I just ruined the surprise didn't I?)

Not just any old surprise 50th birthday party but a "Disco Fever" birthday party! That's right baby - we're celebrating with polyester and platforms to the backdrop of a disco beat.

While the hot nights and city lights burn bright you'll see us shake our groove things

and freak out to le chic

If you hear any noise, it ain't the boys , it's ladies night , uh huh

because the bad girls all think they're hot stuff

Well, maybe we can convince to boys to make some noise ... c'mon now, woo, woo let's all chant.
Oh yea, we're gonna have big fun

because it's almost as if we are family

Friends, food and fun. What more could you ask for on a Saturday night?

And yes, all of the above pictured record albums are from my personal collection. There's plenty more where those came from...

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. what a great theme! I will have to remember that for my friend's 50th in a year or two. She LOVED the disco era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that will be FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh...I can't believe you still have all that vinyl! So much of that is on my iPod!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin