Friday, February 01, 2008

Flashback Friday - 1993

It's Feb. 1 - National Wear Red Day - a day to wear red to show support for women's heart disease awareness. Are you wearing red today?

Today I'll wear red, but not a red dress as I'll be sitting all day at a seminar.

And if I were to wear a red dress it probably wouldn't be this sizzling little number. It just wouldn't be too appropriate for the office you know what I mean?

But if I had a hot date tonight, and this puppy still fit, you better believe I'd be wearing it.

I remember the last, and only time, I wore this dress. The year was 1993 and the place was a singles Christmas party/dance. I wasn't exactly single as the guy I was dating was friends with the woman who organized the extremely popular annual dance. That's how I received an invite.


Just look at the back of this thing! I sewed it from a deep burgundy stretch crushed velvet so it hugged in the right places yet allowed the fishtail hem to sway when walking or dancing.

The pattern used was a McCall's NY NY - number 6574. I sure miss those old NY NY patterns from McCall's - there were some great designs produced.


This was a dress designed for flirting...and I'll admit I did do a bit of that while wearing this princess seamed beauty. Wouldn't you? Pin It

2 comments:

  1. My husband was off to work in a red shirt today to honor National Wear Red Day. He also wore a red and grey tweed jacket and his red/black/white Micky tie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd be smokin hot in that dress, Sharon (in a not-weird way I say that!)

    I'm down for celebrating all things with you EVEN in hula hula skirts. You not me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin