Friday, January 04, 2008

Flashback Friday - 1980

In honor of my beautiful daughter's recent birthday (Jan. 2) I'm sharing photos from her fourth birthday party. That girl has never enjoyed being the center of attention - which was evident even at age four at her own birthday party.

And she's still in love with Winnie the Pooh.

Her pinafore dress was sewn by her mama (me) from a cotton floral print. The primary color was blue, but I choose to trim it with pink ribbon to help draw attention to the pink flowers in the print. Completing the ensemble was a blue button front blouse (also sewn by mama) and matching blue tights.
Oh gosh, look at that horrible gold chair in the background. I had forgotten all about that chair; it was old and falling apart but I was so grateful to have a chair to sit on. You know, until I look at these old pictures, I forget how poor we really were. We owned so little and much of it was cast offs. I should reflect back on the hard times once in awhile as it helps me to be thankful for the good times I now experience.

By the way, if you haven't read her story yet, click on last year's birthday post. This little one entered the world way too early and way too small yet survived with no side effects. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your daughter! I've got my Winnie The Pooh sitting on my armoire--Jamee, Antoinette and I all three got Winnie The Pooh's at 6. And he is special, albeit a little grey now from all the grime and love, and I do believe there's old gum on one of his paws. But I take him down from time to time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading the birthday-birth story last year. It brought tears to my eyes then, and does now just remembering it.
    Happy Birthday to her, and to you as her mom.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin