Monday, January 07, 2008

A 2006 UFO - the McCall's 4924 skirt

Sophia and I cut this skirt out the end of September 2006. I have proof since I about it here...

It's underlined with cotton batiste.

It's hem is finished with a vintage rayon hem tape.


It's well fitted and the fabric (silk blend tweed from Fabric Mart) was wonderful to sew.

It's a great looking skirt.

I thought so every time I looked at it hanging in my closet, unworn, for the past year.

Why you ask? Because I never got around to sewing the hook and eye on the waistband. Talk about lazy sewing...two minutes of my time was all that was needed to complete this UFO.

Full review later. Right now I'm on a UFO mission.

Oh, and Marji? I'm with ya - I vow to not create any new UFO's in 2008. Pin It

12 comments:

  1. You crack me up! That is totally something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously didn't wear the skirt because it was missing a hook and eye? *LOL* I would have safety pinned that sucker and worn it! Who needs hooks and eyes when there are safety pins around. Do you need me to send you some from my collection! ROTFLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon I must say it was good hearing from you, I was starting to think my breath was bad or something, idk. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I am on the same UFO kick.. That skirt is darling.

    Last week I finished 2 dresses and a skirt. This week I want to finish another 2 skirts and a camera bag.

    Get them done for better or worse... just DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon - I'm with Carolyn you let something like a hook an eye keep you from wearing that skirt? Don't you have safety pins? What is wrong with you girl? I'll send some right over!!! g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Lovely skirt.
    I stitched a button back on a shirt for dh this week too - a shirt he hadn't worn for 8 mos, waiting for a button. We're a pair aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful skirt! Kudos.
    I'm doing the exact same thing: starting 2008 with finishing a UFO. No "new" sewing allowed before I finished those pants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous...ditto...I would have pinned it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do the same thing often.It is very easy to put off finishing garments especially if it tends to involve hand sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. checking in to see how you're doing.
    I'm exhausted. And, I hope I don't regret todays actions. I've been working on finishing so much this month...well, today I went on a cutting marathon and cut 5 garments for my sisters SWAP. I've got 4 days to get all 11 cut, basted together for fitting, and in the mail.
    No UFO creation, right, so, everything I cut today must get finished.
    How are you coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon,
    I'm missing your posts. I hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the laugh. I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin