Thursday, December 06, 2007

Dogs on Thursday

I saw the photos Gaylen's Dogs on Thursday post (BTW, incredibly cute if you haven't seen them yet) and knew I right away that I was going to copy her.

Well, it turns out there's an entire blog called Dogs on Thursday! Perfect for people like me who love their dogs.

Abby is coming up on her six-month birthday. She's house trained and has lost that puppy clumsiness. Which means she has earned more freedom in the house. The living room is no longer blocked off (as shown here on her second day home).

She was even allowed into the sewing room this past weekend when I was working on my jacket. After an initial sniff through the room, she settled into what has become her favorite spot in the sewing room - underneath the ironing board semi-tucked behind the curtains.

Goofy dog!

Before settling into her favorite spot she made a discovery that excited her - my pile of fabric remnants. There was one in particular that she wanted - a low-pile animal print faux fur. I guess she thought it was a new non-squeaky toy.

Of course I had to snap a photo before telling her to drop it. Looks like I have a new sewing helper! Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sharon - Lucy and Beau still faux fur remnants too! I purposly buy them at halloween to make dog toys with. I have the Carol's Zoo bear pattern *super easy* and I purchase squeekers at the dog store. Since the just kill them anyway - they are much cheaper to make. Sometimes I just sew the scraps shut, stuff them and put in a noise maker - happy, happy dogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Gaylen, I hope you don't mind if I copy that idea!
    Abby is lucky, Lola didn't get to come in the sewing room until she was much older!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog through PR.
    I was looking at purchasing the jacket pattern 5087... nice job on your jacket!!
    I am also a dog lover! Abby and Sophia are so cute. I have 2 toy poodles... they're my little buddies.
    Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin