Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Perfect Pant Fitting Adventure

The Perfect Pant Fitting Adventure

I know I'm not alone in this quest for the perfect fit as there are numerous books and DVDs and classes available to help sewers learn how to fit and sew the perfect pant.

I have read many of those books. I have viewed many of those DVDs. I have attended a lecture or two on fitting pants. Alas, I'm still in search of the my perfect fitting pant.

I will master the art of getting a pair of pants sewn that actually fit me.

That is why I set aside some money to attend an all day Pant Fitting class taught by Cynthia Guffey at this year's sewing expo.

This class required pre-work, which is expected. What I didn't expect was that the pre-work consisted of completing a pair of pants to bring with me to the class. Drat! I really just wanted someone to take my measurements and tell me what changes needed to be made to the pattern. You know, the easy method of pant fitting.

Since the class is next Wednesday I realized that I've procrastinated long enough and it's time to get down to business.

Rather than use an actual fashion pant pattern, I'm using Burda 3752 from my pattern stash. I think it has sat unused long enough - if you look closely you'll see I purchased it on 4/18/98. It's a basic pant shell, close-fitting, front and back darts, a waistband, and a side zipper.

As instructed, I'll be altering the pattern following the instructions in Cynthia's Pants Fitting Workbook, which arrived last month along with my expo class confirmation.

Step one is to find a helper to assist with taking many measurements, followed by the actual alteration of the pattern.

Come back later for progress on my latest sewing adventure.




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin