Saturday, November 03, 2007

Only 52 days left to make or buy handmade gifts...

You know what I'm talking about.

Only 52 days until Christmas!

Which means all of the stores are now playing Christmas music and the aisles are filled with Santas, and snowmen and sparkling decorations. All in an attempt to tempt us to buy early and buy a lot.

I don't know about you but I find it all quite annoying considering it is only November 3. Does anyone else remember when the stores saved their holiday display until the day after Thanksgiving? It was magical!

Holiday Sewing Podcast
I just finished listening to the Sew Forth Now podcast, Let's Get Started Sewing for the Holidays, where she reminds us that the holidays will be here before we know it! If you haven't had a chance to listen to it yet take a few minutes to do so.

Give HandMade Gifts
Maybe this is the year to the take the HandMade Pledge. Every year our favorite gift is the handmade jams, seasoning packages, and caramels that my talented youngest sister gives to us. I haven't taken the pledge - yet - but I'm liking the idea more and more for my Christmas gifts this year.

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Handmade Gift Ideas
If you, like me, might be looking for new ideas for handmade gifts, be sure to check out Sew Mama Sew blog during the month of November. The 30 Days of Gifts to Sew is underway - a different inspiration every day this month.



HandMade Gift Shopping
If I find I don't have time to actually make all of my gifts myself I could always attend the third annual No Coast Craft-o-Rama being held in Minneapolis the end of this month. The place will be filled with handmade items from many talented indie designers, including Rebecca Yaker, the designer of the sock monkey dress that I photographed at the state fair. (Click here.)

Handmade Nation Trailer
Speaking of indie designers - once again I'm late to the party. I just recently came across this youtube trailer for the documentary that will be released in March 2008 - "Handmade Nation". Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Inspires me to get working!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin