Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Why you shouldn't let a 35 lb puppy jump on you

The after work routine didn't lend a clue to the destruction that was about to happen. I let the dogs out and coaxed Abby to bring the ball back to me.

Since I was wearing my newly sewn jacket - Simplicity 3962 - I thought I'd capture a few shots with the camera. The strong wind, however, was ruining my ever so cute do and making Sophia wonder if I was about to blow away. (BTW, the skirt is Butterick4859)


I decided to proceed knowing that I could always crop the bad hair away in Photoshop.

Eventually I discovered that if I sat down the fence blocked the wind quite nicely, so Sophia and I prepared to have our portrait taken. Abby quickly ran over to see if she was missing out on anything fun. You'll notice she choose not to give up her prized twig - one that the strong winds recently blew off of a tree.
That's when it happened.

I stood up, Abby got excited, and she jumped. (As you can see, we're still working on the OFF and NO JUMP commands.) No harm done, or so I thought.

We moved indoors where I removed my jacket only to discover... multiple white loose threads! All over the side that Abby had jumped on.

Grrrr. I sure hope I can fix it!
Now I'm wishing I hadn't bagged the lining on this jacket as it would have been so much easier to remove some slip stitches to get to the underside of this fabric.

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry about your jacket. I sure hope you can fix it, the outfit looks wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I hope you can fix it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! What a bummer! When you get Abby trained to not jump, can you tell the rest of us how that is done? My 3 yo lab still jumps when she gets excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Sad! And such a great photo series, too. The outfit is darling and I do hope it can be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so sorry! Try threading a sewing needle with thick thread and going down into the holes where the white threads originated. The thick thread will sometimes "grab" those loose strands and you can pull them back to the inside without removing the lining. You may have to do it several times. It has worked for me before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah...& I thought things like this only happened to me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh noooo!!! I was just admiring your gorgeous new jacket, thinking how much I'd like to own it. Um, I think you can keep it. LOL! ;)

    To think this happened when you were taking photos just for us too. The sacrifices we make. :)

    I hope you can repair it, as I love your jacket. It's too nice to be banished to the back of the wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no!! Your beatiful new jacket..! If anyone can fix it, it's you. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon ~ I am so sorry! Will you be able to save it? Because it really is a lovely jacket!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin