Sunday, October 28, 2007

Time out from sewing for some volunteer clowning

The best thing about knowing how to face paint is being able to volunteer my time at events that I want to participate in. My girlfriend's church hosts an annual Pumpkin Party. It's become quite a popular event - the best thing is that it's free and open to everyone. I was thrilled when she asked if I wanted to volunteer as a face painter at the party.

The children of the families that attend the church are joined with the children from the surrounding neighborhood for two hours of games, prizes, food, face painting and just lots of FUN! They don't have to be a church member to attend nor do they have to promise to attend a church service in the future. Sometimes the best way to share the Gospel isn't from a pulpit - it's by sharing time, talent and love with no expectation of anything in return.

So last night I donned my disco-era sequined butterfly top and disguised myself as a butterfly. I was joined by another talented lady and the two of us painted little faces while my dad created balloon animals.


I like how this photo captures the children waiting patiently in line yet peeking around the child in front of them so they could see the magic unfold before them.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Did I mention you are awesome?! You really do ROCK!
    Shorty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilley Kate is hoping I get enough face painting experience so I can paint her face "Just like the pretty purple one" for next Halloween... LOL... we'll see!

    Lala :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin