- Your easy to sew raglan sleeves
- Your nipped in waist
- Your cute little peplum
- Your slightly s*xy skirt with the pleated detail.
This is one of those sewing projects that make you go "Ugh! This isn't at all what I envisioned!" Followed by "Why did I just waste four yards of gorgeous fabric not to mention precious sewing hours on this?!?"
- The construction should have been simple - the pattern is rated "easy".
- The shape should have worked for me - peplums and shawl collars usually work on my figure.
- The fabric should have been the perfect choice - the suggested fabrics include wool jersey, cotton knit, and matte jersey. This is a lovely chocolate brown knit - unknown fiber content but likely a rayon/Lycra blend - it has a nice hand, isn't too lightweight and drapes beautifully.
- The construction actually was simple - but for some reason I just could not get that darn wide collar to lay correctly! It's still not right but I gave up, dressed GiGi in it and snapped a photo.
- The shape is not working - and it's that darn collar that just isn't right.
- The fabric is wrong - the jacket needed a texture to hide the hand stitching that is needed to make that darn collar look right.
Detailed review is posted at Patternreview Pin It