Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Done! Simplicity 4412 zebra print jacket

ZebraJacket

The zebra print jacket is done and I'm ready to take a walk on the wild side. It is a bit wild isn't it?

What the heck - it's a fitting last hurrah to my summer sewing.

And just in time - only had four days to spare until the official end of summer. Although you never know about the weather in this state this time of year. Last weekend we had frost warnings and this weekend could be in the 80s.

This jacket was sewn using the same pattern, Simplicity 4412, as the pink jacket that some of you have expressed a lot of interest in.

The pink jacket was view C and this one is view F... both simple to sew. The zebra print fabric is linen purchased as a "buy the piece" from Fabric Club Fabrics this past June and the contrast collar is black linen from my stash. I even managed to use three buttons from my thrift store find to use on this jacket.

This post will be updated when I have a chance to get the full review written and posted at Patternreview.

BTW - did you all get the e-mail notice from Fabric Mart? They are having a 20% off sale on all fabrics listed on their website. I should have deleted that message... Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon!!! LOVE the jacket... EXACTLY how I thought it would look!!! I can SO see this with wide legged black linen pants!!!??? Can't wait to see it modeled!!! :o)

    Lala :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the one I've been waiting to see--Oh, I love it, love it, love it! I love zebra print and it never seems to go out of style and the print is perfect for the pattern you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it's wild but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,

    I love the name change of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wild and funky and so much fun! I love it. I also like the blog name change!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice jacket! Love the animal print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon...WHO wants that pink jacket? I'll take care of this--just send it to me, I'll watch it closely. I'm like that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon,

    This jacket is really perfect. And in linen! You can wear it the 6 mos you don't wear wool!! It's fun to mix it up with more traditional and the wacky/interesting side.

    Had to say something about that puppy - so cute with Abby. Dogs are really good in two's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon - I like the jacket too! If you wear it with all black or all white it makes a statement. And I managed to escape the Fabric Mart sale...I have been home all week and can see my fabric collection clearly in the light of day. It just doesn't need anyone to come and visit it right now! :) But what did you get?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin