Thursday, August 02, 2007

Another close call for my family with the bridge collaspe tradegy

As everyone trickled into work this morning the first topic of conversation was the bridge. First of all we checked with one another to make sure family and friends are safe. So far, no one I know personally has was involved directly, however as recovery efforts continue throughout the day that could change.

I mentioned yesterday that my son's girlfriend (and in my heart my daughter-in-law) used that bridge in her daily work commute and had crossed the bridge barely ten minutes before the collapse.

My out-of-state sister and I were in contact with one another and she told me of a close call with her daughter, who also lives in the area of the bridge collapse.

For some reason when my sister got home from her job she decided to call her daughter to chat.
Because she did that my niece was late leaving for an appointment. If she had left on time she would have been on the bridge at the time of the collapse.

Thank you everyone for your warm thoughts and your prayers. There are many families that will not have the good news that I have had. Please remember them as you go about your day today.

Local tv news coverage Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I saw that on the news last night and thought "I'm glad no one I know lives over that way." I didn't realize you were there or I would have worried about you all evening. Glad to hear that you and yours are all okay. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't your heart just leap when you hear things like that? Sharon, I am watching the news in utter disbelief. Please know someone in Missouri (likely lots of someones) is praying. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you and your family are all okay. My thoughts and prayers go out to those still waiting for news. I am family and friends in the Cities but they are all okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy your family and friends are safe. What a horrific accident. My heart goes out to those who've lost loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are all safe. This is so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, I'm just catching up on your blog and am stunned to here about your close call. Thank heavens you and yours are safe.

    Even though it has been many years now I still feel creepy when I drive over the SF Bay Bridge remembering its collapse during the earthquake. I wasn't any where near it at the time and only go over it once every few weeks but the memory of the event and the graphic photos live on in my mind.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw some news coverage here in the UK. It is such a terrible tragedy. Glad to here your family is safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really happy that you and all the members of your family are safe! I didn't even realize that you were in that area!!!! I am glad that I checked your blog to see what was up with you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin