Sunday, July 01, 2007

What? It's July already?

Whoa! I was just reading Carolyn's post, The Midway of 2007, and it just hit me how fast this year is going by. I should take some time to tally:
  • everything I've sewn,
  • the UFOs (unfinished objects) that I've completed,
  • how much fabric as been used,
  • how much fabric has been purchased.
I will probably be:
  • surprised at how much I've sewn
  • disappointed at how few UFOs I've completed
  • pleased with how much fabric I've used
  • amazed at how much fabric I've purchased.
See? I already know the outcome so maybe I won't take the time to do that task.

I'll admit that I'm actually glad that June is over because that means that parade season is slowing down. Last week was the last parade on my weekend schedule for at least three weeks. I'm happy about the break in the parades and will put my clowning aside for a few weeks.

My dad on the other hand (wearing the green vest in the photo) misses the interaction with the kids so much that he'll find some place to go where he can do his clowning. We have new neighbors on both sides of us, each with young children, so maybe I'll see if he wants to do some clown magic and/or balloon animals for the neighbor kids when he comes over for the annual Fourth of July get-together. That could be a fun way to get to know the neighbors huh?

One last thing about July. Remember the skirt month that Sew, Mama, Sew! had going on during the month of May? Well, July is Bag month at Sew, Mama, Sew!

I probably won't be participating in this one. I freely admit that I have millions of bag ideas dancing around in my head - all of them incredibly cute and sewn entirely by me in my spare time. The reality is that I barely have time to sew the clothing I want let alone the accessories. So I probably won't be joining the bag month except to peek at the Flickr photos. Maybe I'll see your bags posted there! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I don't think I knew you were doing a clown thing in parades with your dad....how do you manage your time so much better than most?! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin