Thursday, July 19, 2007

Flashback Friday - 1982

Apparently I'm not the only one who thought this design by Sandra Betzina was a bit, well, costumey. Over at Patternreview there is a multi-page thread discussing the fall Vogue pattern collection, including this pattern.
There's also an entire multi-page thread about whether or not women of "a certain age" could/should wear jumpers. (Thanks for pointing that one out to me Marji!) Today, after an enjoyable lunch conversation about fall fashion trends (with an extremely fashionable co-worker), I decided I will definitely be passing on the jumper trend.

But back to that Sandra Betzina pointy hem dress...my immediate thought was "oh, cute elf costume"

And I know what I'm talking about.

Back in 1982, as the newest member of my company's employee club, I was informed that all newbies are initiated by donning a costume for the company's annual children's Christmas party - and we didn't get to choose the costume.

Guess which costume they put me into?
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Sharon you are about as adorable as you can be here...actually beautiful, but the costume brings it down to adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost lost my coffee on this photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, too bad you have already had your elf period - otherwise you could jump right into this hideous and unflattering (on anyone, including the model) dress! Every pattern can't be a big hit - there hve to be a few losers from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Cidell!
    But you are adorable, AND to be commended for your willingness to share the picture.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin