Saturday, June 09, 2007

One Year Blogoversary

Get your own free <span class=

Happy Blogoversary to me!

Four years ago a family member began blogging. He sent us all his link via e-mail, I checked it and thought"oh that looks interesting", and promptly forgot to bookmark the url. I grew tired of continuously asking him to send me his blog link and gradually I forgot about blogging.

Until a year ago that is. I had been reading more and more sewing blogs and decided a blog would be fun! It could be used as a sewing diary as well as a place to keep track of my ever growing sewing pattern collection. Besides, I heard rumors of the beginnings of a blog at work so I *needed* to know how to do one!

But a name, I needed a name. All the cute and clever ones were taken. But then I remembered that one of the first sewing blogs I read was simply titled Stacy Sews. So I created a blog and titled it Sharon Sews....direct and to the point. I didn't think that I would end up writing about more than just sewing. By the way Stacy, I never thanked you for the name inspiration ...

Once I had the blog set up I had *no* idea what in the world I would even begin to write about! Well yea, I knew I wanted to write about sewing, but what about it? But of course I had to do it right away so my first ever silly little post was about a retro Betsey Johnson pattern I had just purchased off of (where else) eBay. You know, I'm still looking for the right fabric for that one, LOL!

Over the past year I have found so many wonderful blogs on such a wide variety of topics! The ones I read on a regular basis, well I feel like I've gotten to know the authors just a bit. Some of you I've had the opportunity to communicate with via email. The comments you leave for me give me an insight into your personalities also, even if you aren't a blogger. There are many of you that I would really like to go grab a cup coffee so we could spend some face-to-face time together. I like to think that you feel the same way about me.

Just think, only a year ago I was living my life blissfully unaware of this incredible online community of bloggers. So here's to one year of blogging and many more to follow. Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary!!!! I've enjoyed reading your blog over the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogoversary, Sharon! It has been a pleasure visiting you and getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogoversary! Its been so much fun reading about your sewing adventures - past and present!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogoversary to you! I truly thought that you had been blogging longer than a year! It truly is an interesting thing isn't it, putting down your thoughts on sewing and various other things to share with others but you do it well and with enthusiasm...that is why you are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations....it's been a lot of fun reading your blog over the past year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Happy blogaversary--and might I add I am very very glad you blog because I enjoy reading yours.

    I didn't know a THING about blogging until a few months back--am I a cavewoman or what?! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, Happy Blogoversary!! Sorry I missed it!! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin