Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wishing I'd been at Spring Quilt Market

The International Spring Quilt Market just wrapped up in Salt Lake City and I'm sad that I wasn't able to attend. Cheryl had a booth at Market and had invited me to join her since she would be debuting her new book there.

I had the opportunity to work for Cheryl at Quilt Market in Houston a few years ago and was really looking forward to experiencing this one. We worked our tails off in Houston but it was exhilarating to meet fabric and pattern designers and to be surrounded with soon-to-be released products.

The trip to Salt Lake City would have been a mini-vacation with a chance to spend time with family members who recently moved to the area. Unfortunately work deadlines kept me from flying out there to join her. I settled for reading various blog updates to stay informed.

For some sewing inspiration, check out the photographs from the Bernina Fashion Show that are posted on the Lazy Girl Designs blog. Be sure to check out her blog for photos from Spring Market.

Checker Newsletter (Checker is a distributor), had this to say about Cheryl:
"Cheryl Weiderspahn, author of Low-Sew Boutique, is a hoot! There is no other word for it. She is a girl after my own heart - shopping at Home Depot and garage sales for inspiration. "
...click here to read the rest of the book review.

Checker newsletter has a few slide shows from Market on their website. Enjoy the slide show! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin