Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sewing Vacation - Day 1

Oh, alright, I'll admit it. It's not really a sewing vacation. It's a week off of work where I *hope* to squeeze in a bit of sewing.

The big project on our t0-do list is our paver patio in the backyard. Next up will be to work on the landscaping. We purchased the home almost four years ago and the backyard was in rough shape (along with the rest of the house). We had a front and side patio poured and landscaped the front yard, but we haven't done much with the backyard yet.

I know we haven't done any maintenance on paver patio since we moved in and I doubt anything was done to it in the previous 15 years. It was dirty, with moss and weeds springing up in between the pavers, and the wood edging has rotted and is falling apart. So the first step was to get out the power washer.
That is one dirty patio!

Since it really was only a one person job, I found something else to occupy my time.

I know, I know. I could've been sewing. But look my view from the lounger!

Tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy with a chance of rain. Sounds like a good day to power up the sewing machine. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin