Sunday, May 13, 2007

McCall's 5330 Button Front Skirt

My first skirt for the skirt month sew-along is completed. This skirt pattern from McCall's is destined to become a TNT pattern. It is so basic that it lends itself well to many different looks depending on your fabric choice. Remember this one in denim? After seeing Erica's I knew I had to bump this to the top of my list.

As I mentioned previously, it's a very easy skirt to sew. The only change I made was to add a lining. The skirt was sewn from a remnant linen blend with a silver metallic embroidered border. There wasn't enough fabric to have the border along the hemline, so I placed it along the center front edge.


Oh! I used my new baby, the Pfaff 2056, to not only make the buttonholes but to sew on the buttons!

Full review here. Pin It

11 comments:

  1. It turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upon seeing this skirt, my first thought was "What a lovely skirt"!!..and I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I have this pattern too, can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your new skirt! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful skirt - love the placement of the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used that border print! The skirt looks lovely. g

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skirt turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of the embroidered edge in the center. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this at PR and thought the way you used the fabric was just marvelous! I would definitely feel really cute and special wearing that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon - I am sooooo late, however, I love the skirt and how you handled the border!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin